Do you want more insight in who is listening to your podcast? As a Springcast customer you can easily link Google Tagmanager and Google Analytics to your podcast website. This gives you even more insight in your target audience.
Things you can get from Google Analytics:
Google Analytics data The following data becomes available when people listen to your podcasts or visit the podcast site via your Springcast website.
Number of visitors (not only listeners)
Number of views of the showotes
Demographic data visitors
Geographical data visitors
Interests of your visitors
Where your visitors come from
Add Google Tag Manager to your Springcast account.
You can easily link your podcast to Google Tag Manager by simply entering the tag id in the podcast website settings. You do this by going through the following steps:
Note: If you don't have a Google Tag Manager account yet, start at step 2. Step 1 is the last step in that case.
1. Link your tag manager ID to your podcast
If you have already created a Google Tag Manager ID for your podcast, you can follow the steps below to link it to your Springcast podcast website.
1. Go to your Springcast account 2. Click on the podcast you want to link to Google Tagmanager 3. Then click on 'Podcast website'. 4. And enter your Tagmanager ID as shown in the image above.
Once you've gone through this step Google Tag Manager will be linked to your podcast. To test it, visit your podcast website. Leave it open in a tab. In another tab, open Google Analytics. Under the heading 'Real Time' you should see 1 visitor.
Create Google Tag Manager
If you don't have a Google Tag Manager account yet, you can follow the steps below. If your podcast is part of an existing brand or website that already uses Google Tag Manager, go to step 3 and create a new 'container' instead of a whole new Tag Manager account.
2. Create Google Tag Manager account
Create a new Google Tag Manager account if your podcast is a standalone and not part of an existing website or brand. existing brand. In the latter case, go to step 3. Follow these steps to create a new account.
1. Go to https://tagmanager.google.com 2. Fill in your company name 3. Give the container a name "Your Podcast'' 4. Select 'Internet'. 5. Click on create.
Create Google Analytics
If you don't have a Google Analytics account yet, you can follow the steps below. If your podcast is part of an existing brand or website that already uses Google Analytics, go to step 3 and create a new 'Proporty' rather than a whole new account.
3. Create Google Analytics
Login with your Google account or create one. Then choose to create a new proportion.
1. Go to analytics.google.com 2. Sign in with your Google account 3. Create a new profile 4. Give the account a name, e.g. brand name or company name (1) 5. Indicate that you want to measure a website (2) 6. Now enter a website name, e.g. Podcast website name (3) 7. Enter the url of your podcast website (4). This can be found in your Springcast account. 8. Enter a category (5) 9. Enter the correct time zone (6) 10. Click on 'create'. 11. Copy the UA code
Linking Google Analytics in Tag Manager
If you have already created an Analytics and Tagmanager account, add Google analytics to Google Tagmanager by following the steps below
4. Link Analytics to Tag Manager
Add Google Analytics to the Tagmanager container to load Analytics on your Springcast website.
1. Go to tagmanager.google.com 2. Click on 'create account'. 3. Enter your company name or brand name 4. Enter a container name e.g. 'podcast name 5. Click on 'Create 6. You can click away the piece of code that Google offers you (you don't need it). 7. Click on 'Add Tag' 8. Choose 'Add Google Analytics Universal' from the list. 9. Add the Analytics (UA-XX) code to 'Analytics settings 10. At 'trigger' select 'All pages'. 11. Click on Save Then click publish And copy the GTM code so that you can enter it in your Springcast account.
Have you completed all the steps? Then you can go back to Step 1, where you add your Google Tag Manager ID to your Springcast website.
Thank you for using our Analytics Suite to analyse your listeners' behavior. In this article we'll explain the difference between downloads and unique listeners, because we frequently receive questions on how exactly our Analytics Suite works. ...
When you host your podcast with Springcast, we automatically create a website for your podcast. This website is not only great for your audience to be able to listen to your podcast, it is also essential if you want to publish your podcast on Apple, ...
Every podcast show comes with an awesome podcast website which you can customize to your own design. If you don't want your own website, because you already have a website or simply don't use it, you can turn your podcast website off. In this article ...
Springcast offers the possibility to host your podcast website in 10 different languages for free. The languages we support are: English German Dutch Danish Spanish French Portuguese Italian Norwegian Swedish You can easily set up the language in ...
If you want to delete a podcast show, follow these steps: 1. Login to app.springcast.fm 2. Select the show you want to delete 3. Select 'podcast settings' 4. Scroll down and select the red button that says 'delete podcast' Please note! You can only ...