Move your podcast from Anchor to Springcast
If you're currently hosting your podcast with Anchor and want to move to Springcast, you can easily use our import function.
As Anchor and Spotify are linked directly, this move requires one extra step. Here are the steps you need to take in order to make the move go over smoothly:
NOTE: Anchor previously made it possible to have your podcast distributed automatically. Your podcast was automatically distributed to Spotify, Apple and Google.
Because of this automatic distribution, you don't have access to the dashboards of these platforms and you won't be able to communicate your move. Therefore, first claim ownership of your podcast on Spotify
before you start the move.
1. Import your podcast
Follow the next steps to import all episodes from Anchor.fm first.
1. Go to your Springcast account
2. Click 'Import Podcast' in the top right corner.
3. Submit your current RSS feed from Anchor and select the button to start the import.
Follow these steps to copy your Springcast RSS feed. You'll need it to let Spotify know you've moved (because of that link we've mentioned earlier). You can notify Spotify via Anchor.
1. When the import is complete, select the podcast you just imported from Anchor.
2. Now go to the 'Distribution' tab and hit the 'Copy' button which is located on the right side of the RSS lin.
3. Notify Spotify of the move via Anchor
The final step in notifying Spotify of the move is to go to Anchor and submit your new Springcast RSS link. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Go to your Anchor.fm account and select 'Settings' in the top right corner.
2. Select 'Podcast Availability'.
3. Scroll down to 'RSS Distribution' and paste your Springcast RSS link in the 'Redirect URL' field.
4. Anchor will now process the move within Spotify.
5. For Google and Apple, you will need to transfer the data manually, but this doesn't require an extra step. You can simply replace the RSS link from Anchor with the one from Springcast.
Moving your podcast from Buzzsprout to Springcast
If you are currently hosting your podcast with Buzzsprout and want to move it to Springcast, you can simply use our import function. Follow the steps below to make sure your move to Springcast is successful. 1. Import your podcast To import all ...
Moving and importing podcasts to Springcast
Want to move your podcast to Springcast? Welcome and thank you for choosing Springcast as your host! Moving to our platform is easy, regardless of who your podcast hosting provider is right now. At Springcast, we use the same tool Spotify, Apple, ...
Moving/importing a podcast from SoundCloud
Welcome to Springcast! We're delighted to have you here. So you'd like to move to Springcast, but you're podcast is still hosted with SoundCloud. In this article, we'll guide you through the move. Before you import your podcast with us using the RSS ...