If you are currently hosting your podcast with Megaphone and want to move it to Springcast, you can simply use our import function.
Follow the steps below to make sure your move to Springcast is successful.
To import all episodes from Megaphone, follow these steps.
1. Go to your Springcast account or create an account
2. Select 'Add Podcast Show' in the top right corner and then select 'Import Podcast'
3. Paste your current RSS feed from Megaphone and select 'Start Import'
is wise to export your Megaphone statistics. Make sure you do this
before you move to Springcast. This way, your statistics will remain
up-to-date. Unfortunately, you won't be able to bring your Megaphone statistics with you to Springcast.
1. Log in to your Megaphone account
2. Go to your dashboard
3. View which statistics you want to export
4. Select from which period you want to export the statistics, e.g. 'All time'.
5. Click 'Export' at the bottom of each graph
6. You can also do this for specific episodes, by going to the statistics of an episode
Now it's time to copy your Springcast RSS feed. You need this to notify Megaphone of the move to Springcast.
Go to the 'Distribution' tab and select 'Copy' button next to the RSS link.
4. Report your move to Megaphone
NOTE: After placing the redirect, the episode level statistics in Spotify for Podcasters will be set to 0. If you want to keep these statistics, make sure you make an export before you place the redirect. Your general show-level data, such as streams, listeners, and followers, will be retained after placing the redirect.
everything when importing your podcast and exported the statistics?
Well done! Now it's time to let Megaphone know you're moving. You do
this by placing a 301 Redirect. This is a permanent redirect from one
URL to another. You will need the Springcast RSS feed you've copied in
the previous step.