At Springcast, everyone gets their own podcast website. Super handy, of course, but what can you do with this podcast website? And why can Springcast brand your podcast website in your own house style colours?
In this Knowledge Base article you will read all about the branding of your podcast website and embedded player.
Why branding is so important
If you are a business or entrepreneur, connection and recognisability is very important. You try to create an identity that is unique with your own colour scheme, logo, slogan, etc. This is also what you stand for and you want to radiate that. So recognisability is key, even for your podcast.
How do you ensure branding at Springcast?
To adapt your podcast website to your personal branding, there are a number of steps you can take.
Please note! This is possible from the Advanced package onwards.
1. Select 'Branding' in the menu
2. Then, as you can see above, you can manually adjust the colours of the backgrounds and titles. Below are the examples as seen on the website. You put together your own custom branding, which you can then also apply to your embedded player.
3. After this, you still need to activate the custom colours for the website, as shown below.
4. You can also add a logo, of your company, or create a nice logo that suits your podcast. Click on 'Browse' (in the top of the page) and select your logo. You can also set the alignment of the logo below.
You can see on the image below what this logo will look like on the website, when the alignment is left (for example).
5. Your branding also includes your show's podcast artwork and the artworks for each episode.
You can set the podcast artwork of your show if you go to the heading 'Podcast settings' and upload there by choosing 'browse'.
If you want to set artwork per episode, go to 'Episodes', then 'Change episode' and 'Browse' under the heading 'Episode artwork'. Note; if you want your show artwork to also be included with the episode, then you don't need to do anything, the show's artwork will automatically be shown with the episode as well.
6. Do you not want to show the Springcast branding (the Springcast logo) on your podcast website? Then you can disable Springcast branding via the 'podcast website' menu item as shown below. You can even run your podcast website on your own chosen domain. Once you have determined your domain, we can move your podcast website to it.
Please note! This is possible from the Growth package onwards.
Once you have gone through all the steps and everything has become somewhat of a coherent whole, below is an example of what your website might look like after the 'branding process;. You can see that the style is the same throughout.