If you're currently hosting your podcast with Anchor and want to move to Springcast, you can easily use our import function. Then follow steps 2 to 6 to complete the move.
NOTE: Anchor previously made it possible to have your podcast distributed automatically. Your podcast was automatically distributed to Spotify, Apple and Google.Because of this automatic distribution, you don't have access to the dashboards of these platforms and you won't be able to communicate your move. Therefore, first claim ownership of your podcast on Apple and Google before you start the move. Once the move is complete, you can claim the podcast on Spotify with your (new) Springcast RSS-feed. Have you previously submitted the podcast yourself on the apps? Then claiming is not necessary.
1. Import your podcast
Follow the next steps to import all episodes from Anchor.fm first.
1. Go to your Springcast account
2. Click 'Import Podcast' in the top right corner.
3. Submit your current RSS feed from Anchor and select the button to start the import.
2. Export your statistics
It is wise to save the statistics you have now built up with Anchor for yourself. You do this just before you arrange the move to Springcast so that the statistics are still up-to-date. You will not take these statistics with you to Springcast.
1. Log in to your Anchor account
2. Click on your dashboard
3. Scroll to the statistics
4. Click on 'Export to CSV'
You can also do this per episode.
3. Copy the Springcast RSS feed
Follow these steps to copy your Springcast RSS feed. You'll need it to let Anchor know you've moved.
1. When the import is complete, select the podcast you just imported from Anchor.
2. Now go to the 'Distribution' tab and hit the 'Copy' button which is located on the right side of the RSS feed.
Did you use the option to compose your podcast's artwork in Anchor? Then there will probably still be an Anchor logo on the artwork, even if it has been moved to Springcast. You can add a new artwork in Springcast under 'Podcast settings' in Springcast.
4. Notify Anchor of the move
NOTE: After placing the redirect, the episode level statistics in Spotify for Podcasters will be set to 0. If you want to keep these statistics, make sure you make an export before you place the redirect. Your general show-level data, such as streams, listeners, and followers, will be retained after placing the redirect.
1. Go to your Anchor.fm account and select 'Settings' in the top right corner.
2. Select 'Podcast Settings'.
3. Scroll down to 'Leaving Anchor?' and 'Redirect your podcast' and paste your Springcast RSS link in the 'Redirect URL' field.
4. Anchor will now process the move.
5. Notify Apple and Google of the move
For Google and Apple, you need to update the RSS-feed manually:
6. Claim or submit the move on Spotify
Has your podcast previously been auto-distributed to Spotify by Anchor and now moved to Springcast? To access Spotify for Podcasters, you can claim the podcast using your RSS feed from Springcast. Read how here. Have you previously claimed your podcast or registered it yourself on Spotify? Then it is not necessary to claim your podcast first, but it is necessary to submit the move. Log in to Spotify for Podcasters and submit the move.
We advise you to not close the Anchor account immediately, but 2 weeks after the move. This gives the directories time to direct listeners to the correct (new) feed.