Do you currently host a podcast with Captivate, but want to move to Springcast? Then you can easily use our import function. Then follow the steps to successfully move your podcast to Springcast!
PLEASE NOTE: Captivate allows you to have your podcast automatically distributed to Spotify. Your podcast will thus also be placed on Spotify with the click of a button. Make sure you have access to Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify's dashboard. This is where you can submit your move (in step 5). Don't have access to Spotify for Podcasters? Then claim ownership of your podcast on Spotify before you start the move.
1. Import your podcast
Follow these steps to first import all episodes from Captivate:
2. Click 'Import podcast' in the top right corner.
3. Enter your current RSS-feed from Captivate and click the button to start the import.
2. Export your statistics
It makes sense to export the statistics you have already built up with Captivate. You do this just before moving to Springcast so that the statistics are still up-to-date. You do not take these statistics with you to Springcast.
1. Log into your Captivate account
2. Go to your dashboard and click on 'Analytics'
3. Export all desired statistics
3. Copy the Springcast RSS-feed
Now it's time to copy your Springcast RSS-feed. You will need it to pass on the move to Captivate.
Now go to the 'Distribution' tab and click the 'Copy' button next to the RSS link.
4. Report your move to Captivate
NOTE: after placing the redirect, the statistics in Spotify for Podcasters will be set to 0 at episode level. Should you want to keep these statistics, make sure you create an export before placing the redirect. Your general show-level data, such as streams, listeners and followers, will be retained and continue after placing the redirect.
Did you check everything when importing your podcast and did you export the statistics? Great! Then it's time to let Captivate know you are moving. You do this by placing a 301 Redirect.
For this, you'll need the Springcast RSS-feed you copied in the previous step.
1. Log in to Captivate
2. Select your show
3. Click on 'Podcast settings' at the top
4. Scroll down until you see 'Cancel Show
5. Select 'I'm moving my podcast elsewhere'
6. Enter your Springcast.fm RSS-feed at 'New RSS Feed URL'.
7. Click on 'Close Show and Add 301 Redirect'.
8. Save the settings
5. Notify Spotify, Apple and Google of the move
Notify your podcast distribution apps (Spotify, Apple, Google) of the move. Learn how to adjust your RSS-feed with Spotify, Apple, Google here.
We advise you to close the Captivate account not immediately, but 2 weeks after the move. This gives the directories time to direct listeners to the right (new) feed. Do not cancel the subscription/account with Captivate until you are sure that the above steps have been successfully completed.