If you currently host your podcast with Simplecast and want to move it to Springcast, simply use our import function. Then follow the steps to successfully move your podcast to Springcast!
NOTE: Simplecast previously enabled automatic distribution of your podcast. Your podcast was thus also placed on Spotify, Apple and Google with the click of a button.
1. Import your podcast
To import all episodes from Simplecast, follow these steps.
1. Go to your Springcast account or create an account
2. Select 'Add Podcast Show' in the top right corner and then select 'Import Podcast'
3. Paste your current RSS-feed from Simplecast and select 'Start Import'
2. Export your statistics
It is wise to export your Simplecast statistics. Make sure you do this before you move to Springcast. This way, your statistics will remain up-to-date. Unfortunately, you won't be able to bring your Simplecast statistics with you to Springcast.
1. Log in to your Simplecast account
2. Go to your dashboard and click on 'Audience'
3. Click on 'Overview'
4. Download all desired statistics (by pressing the arrow)
3. Copy your Springcast RSS feed
Now it's time to copy your Springcast RSS feed. You need this to notify Simplecast of the move to Springcast.
Go to the 'Distribution' tab and select 'Copy' button next to the RSS link.
4. Report your move to Simplecast
NOTE: After placing the redirect, the episode level statistics in Spotify for Podcasters will be set to 0. If you want to keep these statistics, make sure you make an export before you place the redirect. Your general show-level data, such as streams, listeners, and followers, will be retained after placing the redirect.
Checked everything when importing your podcast and exported the statistics? Well done! Now it's time to let Simplecast know you're moving. You do this by placing a 301 Redirect. This is a permanent redirect from one URL to another. You will need the Springcast RSS-feed you've copied in the previous step.
1. Login to Simplecast
2. Select your show
3. Click the cog icon (right) to go to settings
4. Click on 'Distribution'
5. Click on 'Advanced Settings' under RSS Feed
6. Enter your Springcast.fm RSS feed under 'RSS Feed Redirect'
7. Click on save
5. Notify Spotify, Apple and Google of the move
Notify your podcast distribution apps (Spotify, Apple, Google) of the move.
We advise you to not close the Simplecast account immediately, but 2 weeks after the move. This gives the directories time to direct listeners to the correct (new) feed. Do not cancel your Simplecast subscription/account until you are sure that the above steps have been successfully completed.